Vivid Yoga’s Elemental Yoga Teacher Training
200 hour Yoga Alliance UK accredited
Train to be a yoga teacher who can teach beyond the body-focused paradigm on a leading-edge teacher training that will inspire and empower you to teach and teach you how to empower and inspire.
To request full course information and application form click here
Vivid Yoga’s 200 hour Elemental Yoga Teacher Training provides a thorough training in the practice and teaching of asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation techniques. Non-dogmatic in it’s approach, it will enable you as a teacher to adapt the “style” or outer form of the yoga to suit the needs, abilities and aspirations of your students and intelligently support them in accessing the essence of yoga’s teachings.
The training aims to develop teachers who can teach beyond the exercise, body-focused paradigm. Refining your personal yoga practice to honour embodied and intuitive understanding and embracing yoga as a tool for transformation, you will develop the skills to teach yoga that is therapeutic, developmental and supports your students in becoming expansively present to wider and deeper levels of reality.
The study and practice of asana is alignment-focused and you will also learn how to embed this safely and creatively into flowing sequences. Training Modules on “Mindful Movement Meditation” (using mindfulness practice and slow-flowing asana to access a meditative state in motion), Yoga for Mental Health, Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga and Chair Yoga will equip you with the skills to teach a wide range of students in a variety of contexts.
Deepening your experiential understanding of Subtle Body (Esoteric) Anatomy through yoga practices and also elements of Tai Chi, Qigong and Energy Psychology, you will be supported and guided in evolving a truly integrative and holistic methodology for teaching. You will learn how to skillfully weave yoga philosophy into practice and how to teach transformational yoga classes underpinned by 5 Elements Theory. For those wishing to teach in “real world” contexts in addition to yoga studios, there will be opportunities to participate in the Yoga Outreach Programme “Garland of Care.”
Vivid Yoga’s “Elemental Yoga Teacher Training” is an invitation to embark on a personal journey of transformation, to reflect deeply on who you are, on how, what and why you want to teach yoga and to evolve a style of teaching that resonates with your own experience.
Vividha in Sanskrit means diversity and vid is the root of vidya meaning knowledge, related to वेद véda (the Védas). The meaning of vivid in English ranges from bright and expressive to lucid.
Diversity, knowledge (direct and experiential), lucidity, expression . . . . . all of this is integral to the ethos of Vivid Yoga’s “Elemental Yoga Teacher Training”.
By the end of the course it is hoped that you will have both developed as a person and evolved into a knowledgeable, skilled and unique professional yoga teacher who is able to teach with embodied understanding, from a compassionate heart with a clear, authentic voice.
CORE SUBJECT AREAS
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Esoteric Anatomy
- Meditation and Relaxation Techniques
- Teaching methodology
- The business of yoga
- Ethics of Teaching Yoga
On this training you will learn how to:
- Teach yoga classes that incorporate asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation (as appropriate) for both beginners and mixed ability classes.
- Structure and sequence classes that are creative and safe.
- Devise lesson plans for classes and workshops underpinned by 5 Elements philosophy.
- Provide safe and effective hands-on adjustments based on both biomechanical and energetic alignment principles.
- Apply with confidence the principles of posture modifications (use of props, alternative postures, more/less challenging variations).
- Integrate yoga philosophy into classes.
- Teach with precision, drawing on a thorough experiential training in Anatomy and Physiology.
- Modify classes for pregnancy and medical conditions.
- Tailor yoga classes for special populations (mental health, addiction recovery and chair yoga)
- Teach a range of meditation techniques.
- Facilitate yoga nidra practice within the context of a yoga class.
- Integrate the principles of Yin and Restorative Yoga into teaching.
- Facilitate Yoga Nidra practice within the context of a yoga class.
- Integrate ethical commitment into your teaching.
- Set up and market your yoga business.